Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My eyes are so puffy from crying- way too much. I'm going to admit something really hard- I told my dad today that I hated him. I lost it. Why is it that the simplest of things is the hardest thing to do. I stand and look at my parents who are both so immature and wonder why they can't figure things out. My father showed up this past weekend with separation/divorce papers to give to my mom. Then he gave her the same pat answer he always does for everything- He finds a bible verse that backs how he is feeling and uses it to say that the choice he is making is ok. He claimed that somewhere (I'm not sure where) that in the bible David had had enough with someone not trusting him and forgiving him so he ended the relationship. But that isn't even the saddest part- I have heard that my dad thought this tactic would wake my mom up and get her to realize that she needs him and that she would come back. Is this not so sad? All I can think about through my tears is how does one get here? And what on earth can I do to NEVER get to this point? I am trying so hard to believe God in all of this. To believe that He will in fact keep working.
I've never felt so alone. My biggest fear is that I will never have a family again to go home to. That I will live the rest of my life only speaking to my father on occasions and that I will grow so bitter towards both of my parents.
To top today off my sister moved out of her house and in to an apartment by herself. My heart just hurts for my sweet sister. Please pray that God would wrap her up!

PS- I do have a praise- looking back over Lent I realized that some of my prayers were answered- my sister has come around some. Not only has our relationship started to mend but we have had good talks and she has even opened the door for me to share a bible verse or two. That's all I wanted! Just to know that my sister was feeling God move.

No comments: