Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. I have always been one of those folks that tries to figure out what I am going to give up until Easter. Last year I think it was chocolate- and what a disaster that was! :)

I've thought a lot about what this lenten season looks like for me. It wasn't until this morning that I decided what I was going to focus on for 40 days. One of my very best friends called me the other day to check on me and shared with me how she has been reading a Psalm a day. She told me that it reminded her of me at times- How David cries out for God as to where He is. I think I have felt that way a lot in the last 6 months. Where are you Lord?

So I decided that I am going to read a Psalm a day this lenten season. I know there are way more than 40 but I think this is fitting for where I am at right now. I also have felt the need to really focus my prayers on my sister. To be honest I haven't been praying for her- I've been to hurt and mad at her.

If you read this over the next few days my sister has "allowed" my mother to come visit Ella. My mom flies out in the morning and will be there for 4 days. It's hard to "believe" that God can and will continue to work in all things and I am trying to believe that He will use this time that my mom is there. Please pray that maybe my sisters heart will soften- a little. Or at least pray that my mom can wrap Ella up in her arms and love on her like crazy. I know Ella is very excited for her Momo to come. Just please pray for them.

I have teared up a lot today. I don't know if it is just where I am at or what. I am headed to church in a bit and I think it will be good. God always seems to meet me in that sanctuary- so I am hoping that I feel Him tonight. I am in need of some arms wrapped around me.

No comments: