On our flight home Tanya and I were talking about the lessons we learned- the unexpected ones. I know I did not expect to be treated like royalty, showered with compassion and love, waited on hand and foot, and taken care of in the manner that we were.
I arrived home with this in mind, "I have to be a better woman."
Despite the last 14 months and all that has taken place in my family's life I still know one thing- He continues to work good together despite how I see it. My goal for this marathon was to break my 5 hour mark. I haven't been able to pull that off and I was trying so hard for it this time. My thoughts were to cross that finish line, cry a little, be excited to have set a goal and finally have a 4 in my number, and more than anything- be done with marathons!
I know now that God has other plans. When I crossed that finish line at 5:01.00 instead of my heart sinking I looked up and knew- I knew he wasn't done with me. We've got more to do. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment