How two people can manage to play hide and go seek in a one bedroom apartment- for an hour- yep- Miss Ella and I managed. I think it was one of the best games I have ever played. She likes when I hide and she finds me and somehow I found ways to hide "big time!" If I could capture a moment though I would have had a camera the moment she pulled the shower curtain back. The look of terror was on her face until it registered that "oh wait- it's only aunt Mindi" but the most precious part came quickly after. She clutched her chest and looked at me in between giggles and said "Aunt Mindi you scared me to life!" I wasn't going to correct her...
I haven't stopped thinking about Ella's quote. I haven't stopped thinking about how so many of us choose death and not life. That fear takes us to places that cripple us and we don't "live" through it. I had a week last week where everything sent me reeling. I got really scared. Scared of life, scared of myself, scared of feeling good, scared of knowing that I need to make some big changes in my life. I flat out had a melt down.
But once I gathered myself back together and with the help of some wonderful professionals...I was able to see 'life' and not 'death'. Being scared to life is a great thing...
Little did Ella know what her precious statement would mean to me. I'll play hide and seek any day with her!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment