Just recently I learned of a dear friend (one that goes back to the days of junior high) who is facing much of the same thing that I have faced over the last few years. When he emailed it sent me reeling at first. I was so incredibly sad. Maybe I thought that I was the only one that ever experienced the trauma of a family falling apart. Or maybe it was a wake up call to me. One that made me realize I am not alone in the chaos of a broken family.
Much of my sadness came from the realization that there seems to be a generation of particular men that have an all out battle with pride. Maybe it is the way they were raised, society, or flat out denial but there is something out there- and it has tainted a generation of men. They won't allow anyone in, they aren't accountable, and goodness when their world falls apart they refuse to look at it- because it certainly isn't their fault. There is a verse that says "pride goes before the fall" yet sometimes I think the fall happens and pride balloons to an all time outrageous size. Sadly I would love to be the one sticking my foot out to cause the fall and hopefully watch pride roll away like a tumble weed. (The things we will dream about to have back some semblance of a father.)
I tried my best to type what words I could of encouragement. I told him if I had a map of how to navigate this I would gladly hand it over- but I don't. All I could say was I am so sorry. This too shall pass. And I can whole heartily say that smiles do come again...and they can be gigantic! :)
And then it got me thinking...I keep being encouraged to write a book...if only I could come up with a map too.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment