Monday, July 11, 2011

Sheesh...

Visiting my Grandmother :)

It's been a long time since I've blogged. :( So much has happened over the last few months and I just haven't taken the time to write it all out. I'm looking back wishing I did...drats. Oh well...

Highs and Lows:

- I qualified for unemployment and have been able to enjoy a summer in Chicago with not a ton of financial stress.
- I've been able to work with several small businesses and help them with their marketing and advertising campaigns as well as website integrations.
- I got to fly away to beautiful CO and spend some precious time with my family!
- I've had some great experience with interviewing and have a great feeling that this week holds some fun opportunities.
- I still struggle to navigate this path of being a girl without a father. I see how fear pops up in my life and I want to run away. I see how I make decisions based on what I have felt over the last few years...and I don't really want it that way.

Life isn't easy...it just plain isn't. I look back at times and feel like we do such a disservice to each other (especially believers) when we make life look like it will be rosy all in the name of God. There isn't written anywhere- Bible, Torah, meditations, etc. that life is going to be good all the time. Truly many of my life struggles have come from "thinking" that life is supposed to be perfect and facing things isn't what is supposed to be.  How off is that!?

Chapters unfold and sometimes they flow in to the next one and other times they just plain end. How much easier would life be if I just relaxed in to letting them unfold...and see where they go. :) I think I am doing a pretty good job at that now. It's still a work in progress though.

No comments: