Monday, January 25, 2010

Big Milestones...

My grandmother turned 90 today!!! Happy Birthday Nanny. I called her earlier and she actually had clarity and knew who I was. :) It was a precious 5 minutes to me. :) May your 90th year be the best year yet- I love you!

Yesterday in church was one of those days that I could not stop crying. Pastor Tim preached on conversions and how they can happen all the time. The scripture was from Acts and the story of Saul/Paul. In my tears I was desperately asking God to bring my dad back. I really miss him. I miss him so much I went home yesterday and bought several Van Morrison songs on itunes just to have them play in the background as I cleaned. It reminds me of my dad. It is too much to ask for God to bring about a conversion? Last week seemed impossible when we found out he filed a lawsuit against someone for defamation of character- to him. (I know- feel free to laugh- really hard.) Really? I mean really...

But all laughing aside I realized he is still no where to be found. He is lost, blinded, deceived, selfish, and so very far from God. Can a little girl hope for a milestone? I know I will never have the answers. I know it will never make sense. But I would give anything to wrap my arms around my dad at his next big milestone of 60 yrs. and find forgiveness. And celebrate the return of a really lost soul.

I'll be honest though...how do you hope for that?

No comments: