Thursday, January 28, 2010

Is this new?

I literally had one of the best talking sessions in months with Ann yesterday. We talked and talked about what I was seeing go on in my life and how God was moving. I walked out of there so full of joy, excitement, and being really proud of the woman I am becoming in the midst of this chaos. And I am not sure how to describe it but literally- moments later- I felt so attacked! Is this how it feels when you become more aware?



My brother and I are literally at the end of the rope with one another. We both see things totally differently. I believe we have been open and honest with each other but it was really interesting when I told him I was hurt by how he treats me and his response was "No you are hurt that I support dad." Yep- you are right. I am so hurt that you stand next to someone that refuses to acknowledge the absolute disaster that he has created. Am I being too harsh? Am I being an unforgiving person? I can not find an ounce of forgiveness for Bob...at all. I try. I hope. I do everything in my head that I can to try and get there. But the hurt of him refusing to acknowledge things is what keeps me from it. I literally do not know what to do. My brother told me he chooses Bob- not me.

The old Mindi would have curled up in a ball and cried and thought "well...there you have it...one more man saying our relationship isn't worth it." But not so anymore. I am sorry you can't see truth. I am sorry you made the choice that you did.

I believe the new Mindi has figured out her worth... :)

No comments: