Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Six Days

I am normally not a woman who loves to do some crazy NYE event. The last few years have felt so hard rolling in to the new year. Things just didn't feel right. But it's been 6 days and there has just been a different feeling. I keep trying to put my finger on it- like maybe it's relief on the way or that something good is about to happen. But the more that I have thought about it the more I think I realized something. Hope. I have been very vocal at the fact that I have literally lost all hope. That was hope that my perfect little family would somehow find a way back to each other. That was hope that people in my family would make decisions for the right reasons and not for their selfish reasons. That was hope that I could trust in a man that I thought was perfect and GODLY. Hope in literally everything...of the past.

But I think (I stress the word 'think') that this new little feeling is Hope again. No- are things going to go back? Absolutely not. Will life ever look normal? Probably not. But can I hope in the newness of what is to come? For sure. I am not sure that there is a single person out there that has said "oh 2009 was awesome for me." In fact I have heard over and over again how much people wanted to say goodbye. My year or really the last year and a half has been awful. I have longed to find some sense of relief.

So maybe this new little feeling is hope floating back up into a heart that has been really broken.

Watermark- An impression only visible when held up to the light. The Light of this world is moving and pursuing people who will align with who He is, no matter what it takes, so that He becomes visible through us to the world. As we move where He's moving, with His purpose and His heart, He takes shape in us, we come alive, and His glory is shown on the earth around us. What a treasure it is to transition, to move, to align, to grow, to recognize the ending of one glorious season and to lean into the beauty of the next...

No comments: